Blog Post 15 (Extra Credit #1)


This is a project from my own portfolio. I make sports wallpapers in my free time, and this is a design I printed off and put on my wall. The font I used is a decorative font, but I rasterized the type so I could not check what the font was. It says "ZION", the name of the athlete shown, and it is inverted when it intersects with his body to create contrast. I think I did a great job not only with the contrast, but with the sizing. The contrast helps the sizing work effectively, otherwise it would be illegible and simply in the way of the image. It is hard to say exactly why you are attracted to your own work, but I will say I am attracted to this because of the fact that I explored a new style, and managed to make this look exactly as I wanted. This is not a publication design, but I thought it would be cool to showcase some of my own work and how I use typography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homework 14

Blog Post 16 (Extra Credit #2)

Homework 13